TLP Interview with Clint Reynolds


Photos and Interview by Brian Barnhart, with additional questions by Grady Corbitt.

Originally from New Hampshire, now residing in the haven that we know as Austin, Texas, Clint is making his mark on the BMX subculture. He is the co-founder and creator of Credence Bikes, a company with a niche in the trail scene, making straightforward, sleek-looking, handmade frames by Reynolds himself in USA. He rolls with some of the biggest badasses around, helping progress his riding to great levels, and scoring him a standout part in one of the best BMX videos in years, Anthem II. Clint's way of living makes me think about what I am doing, and inspires me to do things my way, and live a simple happy life. Here is the man behind the wheel of the veggie-powered turtle bus, Clint Reynolds.

What led you to set up camp in Austin for the time being?
Mainly my friends. I got some good bro's down here and the trails are getting sick, not to mention the lack of snow compared to NH.

How did it feel to have a part in Anthem II, and how did that opportunity come about?
I guess I feel privileged. Stew asked me to film a couple clips one day and it ended up turning into a section.


Clint and James P. Nutter in ATX

What riders influenced you growing up?
Nutter, MOD squad, Yeagle, Concord crew, The Deece man, and all my local friends i grew up riding with.

How did Credence start and who is all involved with it?
Basically in high school me and my friend Joel Milller were working for my father who built custom bicycles. We had all the tools at our finger tips so we decided to make some frames for ourselves. All our friends were stoked on the bikes and Credence was born.


T1 tabe.

Do you have plans or goals with Credence that you care to share?
Well the plan is when I get back up north, my friend has a decent sized box truck he is willing to sell cheap or possibly barter for, convert that thing to run on veg, then turn it into a mobile welding shop. I could build bikes wherever and make basically any mod imaginable.

How did you originally get into building bikes?
My Pops.

You, along with the rest of Credence crew live a pretty free lifestyle. What allows you to live like this?
Live Free Or DIE!


Cancan at Eastside.

What is something that stood out to you from you trip to Puerto Rico?
The babes with the mondo redondo's

Where are you headed to next?
New Hampshire



From Grady:

Who is the biggest ape you know?
Basically goes without saying, James P Nutter

Mods?
always



So, the Credence way of life is a permanent vacation?
Ha Haaaaa. dude I work
-

Final words?
Make your own fun

Clint Reynolds taking a lap during a chill session at Terrible One on April, 8 2011.